Community Activities :
- Dr. Brooke serves as the Communications Director for the International Council of Psychologists.
- Dr. Brooke has been appointed as an editor for the International Journal of Teaching and Learning.
- Stephanie Brooke has been appointed as Vice Chairperson of ARIA.* She was featured as the keynote speaker for "A Night to Heal", May 1, 2004, discussing the benefits of art therapy on self-esteem. View a short video excerpt of that speech:
- Board of editors for PSYCCritiques, Journal of Contemporary Psychology, 2005-to the present.
- Editor for Expository Magazine, 2003 - 2005.
- Peer review for professional APA Journals, such as the Journal of Play Therapy, 2002 - 2003.
- Catholic Diocese Committee to Prevent Violence against women, 1999
- Big Sisters, 1998
- Family Crisis Counselor - Hillside Children's Center, 1998-1999
- Rape Crisis - Planned Parenthood, 1996-1998
- Peer Counselor and Group Facilitator, Women's Center, 1990-1994
- Childcare Teacher, Volunteers of America, 1987-1988
*ARIA's mission is to empower and health survivors of sexual abuse by transforming internal suffering into works of art. ARIA lays a foundation of hope providing forums of self-expression while spreading awareness of sexual abuse and creating community among survivors. ARIA stands to break down the stigmatic barriers that inhibit healing, freeing survivors from their prisons of silence.
Copyright @ Stephanie L. Brooke, 2004 - 2017